Friday, February 5, 2010

Ch ch ch change ...

That last couple of days have been interesting for me, and our little family. Thursday saw me re-enter the workforce. Due to unplanned and unwanted circumstances, the very hard decision was made for me to go back to work. It was something I agonised over for many weeks, but in the end it was lesser of two evils that won me over. All I can say is: my MIL is wonderful, and I thank her very sincerely from the bottom of my heart for agreeing to look after Pres on Thursdays, and to my wonderful husband who approached his boss and has been able to get every friday off so he can take care of our little munchkin when I am at work. That is been a real relief as I was uncomfortable with the idea of putting Pres into daycare. So, what a wonderful provision for all of us. We all win.

Work turned out to be not as daunting as I thought. I imagined all sorts of scenarios, none very positive, but it turns out that I slotted right back in. Now I realize that I'm only doing casual work and on call work, but when you have been out of the game for 18mths or so it can be a very daunting prospect. My first two days went as well as I could have wanted.

When I took leave from work in 2008/2009, I was adament that I NEVER wanted to return to teaching, but when the going gets tough... I'm not sure that this is what I want to return to in a full-time or permanent way but it is fulfilling a need for the moment.

A big thanks to all those who sent words of encouragement on my first day. You may never realize what a boost that was to my spirit that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment