Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Uh oh, life got in the way

I know, I know, I know. I have missed 3 days. Well, life got in the way. No excuse but it is the truth. No reason to beat myself up, let's just get to it.

Today's Top 5: Trashy TV shows that I secretly love to watch

1) The Hills
That one has really sucked me in. I actually quite enjoy watching their lives unfold, mainly because they don't really live in the 'normal' world. I can't stand Spencer, oh Heidi, whyever did you marry him? And Audrina, kick Justin to the curb. Ok, rant done.

2) Hellcats
Ok, I know it only premiered last week but I enjoyed it in that really trashy TV kind of way. Look forward to the next installment. Ashley Tisdale as a brunette? I think it really works for her.

3) Bold and the Beautiful
Alright, this is the least secretive one on my list but I am going to put it out there. Again, it just sucks you into the vortex and once in, it is very difficult to get out. i spend most of the time shaking my head at the ridiculousness (pretty sure that's not really a word) of the storylines but they do get you watching to see what will happen.

4) 60 Minute Makeover
I think the name says it all. Mostly I am aghast at dodgy workmanship and weird transformations but there are times when they do it well and get it right. Still, it is very much C grade TV

5) How Not to Decorate
If you haven't seen it, it is a makeover show in which 2 interior designers redecorate people's houses. They have 10 days and a budget of 15,000pounds to complete it. Let's just say most of the entertainment is the 2 decorators who just flounce around and spend far too much time arguing over patterns vs stripes or curtains vs blinds. But it is entertaining in a trashy kind of way.

Well, now I'm back on the wagon, I intend to stay there. Have fun thinking of your own list of Trashy TV that secretly you love to watch!

2 comments:

  1. Oh I'm so with you on Bold and the Beautiful!! Never seen the other ones - you must be a lucky foxtel subscriber!! Jealous!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish Anna! Nope, these are 7Two (72) and Channel GO (99) shows. I think you'd really like The Hills. It is a reality show that follows 3 girls who live in Beverley Hills so they are ridiculously rich and good-looking. Hellcats is on channel 99 and is about a girl who becomes a cheerleader so she has a scholarship for uni. I had quite a time narrowing it down to just 5!

    ReplyDelete